I have gone through professional Chess training during my college days (2003-2007). After kickstarting my IT career in 2007, I have stopped practicing. However, I still play blitz games online and enjoy solving Chess puzzles. Below are some of my little achievements:
Note: I am not a FIDE rated player, but I think I can give a tough fight even today at club level ;)
- I have won a few district, Interzonal tournaments at my hometown (Vizag)
- I have represented Andhra University in All India InterUniversity Chess Championship at VIT Vellore in 2006.
- I was one of the 40 participants of simultaneous Chess match with the then World Champion Viswanathan Anand in 2010 (Media Link)
My Chess hangouts:
- I play Blitz at PlayChess.com
- I occasionally annotate some of my games at my Chess blog
- I visit local Chess academies in Hyderabad/Vizag in my free time
Blindfold Chess Trainer
I always wanted to master Blindfold Chess but found that there are no free training resources. So I created one for fun in 2009.
Though I could not fully use it myself, I am glad that it is being used till date by kids across several Chess academies. Source code is available on GitHub
., below is the live trainer.